Posts tagged ‘gross toaster pastries’
Here’s where I’m at so far
I had the bad experience with the “Our Family” brand cherry toaster pastries a few weeks ago.
Since then I’ve tried
I have eaten the last of my “pre-Kellogg’s boycott purchased” Pop Tarts.
It wasn’t so scary. But now there’s a void, and I’m ready to find the toaster pastry that is delicious enough to fill the void.
Starting today with “Our Family” brand toaster pastries, in Cherry flavor because my grocery store did not have Raspberry.
They look like regular Pop Tarts, just a little thinner frosting.
Don’t let it fool you!
I’m pretty sure they are using cherry couch syrup as the base for their filling.
I am also getting a cold so this review could be completely worthless, but I’ll recant the experience for you anyway:
1. I opened the package and instantly noticed how strongly they smelled of cherry.
2. I cooked them in my toaster at my regular Pop Tart setting
3. I smeared a 1/4 teaspoon of butter on the unfrosted sides; let cool a bit
4. Took one bite and thought it was sweet but bland, took two bites and started to notice a little more cherry, took three bites and got punched in the face by undiluted fake cherry flavor so hard that I am now almost puking in my mouth while trying to write about it.
5. The remaining 1.5 of the initial 2 toaster pastries is going to go in the garbage and I am going to try and repress this memory!
To be fair..
I’ll keep the box, and I’ll try these again when my cold is gone.
No I really don’t want to, but in the name of “Jill Walker Rettberg and blogging as an authentic form of journalism” I will do it!!